Site Evaluation Presentation Summary Surgery

My site evaluator was PA Rachwalski, a surgical physician assistant and professor at York College PA program. During my site evaluations, I presented SOAP notes that I had written from my time at Queens Hospital Center. PA Rachwalski offered constructive comments as I was presenting my cases. He helped me improve my writing of surgical SOAP notes. As I presented my cases we had very insightful comments. In the end, he said I had a good understanding of the patient’s history and the indications for surgical intervention. I wrote a few SOAP notes on patients presenting with acute cholecystitis, acute appendicitis, SBOs, and vascular issues. I also wrote some post op notes for these patients as well. PA Rachwalski thoroughly assessed my proposed plan for each patient. He inquired about the extent of my involvement in pre, peri, post operative care for these patients. We had a valuable discussion on how to deal with many potential scenarios that might occur. Feedback regarding this area was especially beneficial because it helped me learn how to manage cases and grow as a surgical PA. I appreciate the time that PA Rachwalski took to meet with me. I believe that these evaluations have helped me improve and become a better physician assistant in the future.